Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 1: The exhausting day

Finally, we have been let into our apartment (after 45 minutes of waiting outside for it to be cleaned). This means no grocery shopping tonight before our meeting, but that's okay. We'll just grab breakfast at a cafe tomorrow morning. Our team meeting is at 6:15 and then dinner at 7:00 at a cool old pub.

Today we explored a little bit of Dublin, Trinity College, and the Dublin Castle. We got to see a lot of really neat places and historic landmarks. It would have been much more enjoyable, however, with a little more sleep. A good night's sleep on that plane was not going to happen.

Everything has been great so far except my incredible run of bad luck. Who would've guessed that an Irish girl in Ireland would have no luck at all? When we got our bags in Dublin, mine had a huge gash down the one side. I'm surprised nothing has fallen out of it yet! I filed a claim, but all they can do is send a reimbursement to my house in a few weeks. They also had no duct tape to help me fix it. So now, that's what I'm on the search for. To add to that, on the tour bus, the zipper of my carry-on bad literally just fell off. So now that doesn't close!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I'm looking forward to an exciting couple of weeks. The media visits start tomorrow and I'm sure that will be interesting. Let's hope the rest of my trip goes a little more smoothly than it has today. And also that my acquired motion sickness doesn't kick in too much from the bus rides.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your luggage. It's USAirways, what do you expect?

    ReplyDelete