Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 7: Last day in Dublin

Today was our last day in Dublin and it was a completely free day for us. I slept in late to catch up on sleep from yesterday. After showering, talking to my family and boyfriend for a while, I headed out on my search for duct tape. I became side-tracked when I heard about the names and crests store that my roommates were at. So, I went there and got a print out for my mom. I wanted to get one for my brother and his wife, but they didn't have Strength in the name database.

I then walked around looking for a hardware store or something of the sort. I ended up at Euro2, a store kind of like the dollar tree, only everything is two euros. The closest I found to duct tape was packing tape. It was the only thing I found that was thick enough to patch my suitcase. I haven't tried it yet so I hope it works. I also bought some candy bars to take home and show my boyfriend.

I came back to the apartment to get ready for the show tonight. I went to an Irish music and dance show with Gabby and Erin. It included a really good three course dinner and it was a lot of fun. I really enjoy Irish dancing. I think I always have since my mom and dad went to Lord of the Dance and brought home the tape for me to watch.

Now I am just relaxing and putting off packing everything back up. Tonight is our last night in Dublin and tomorrow we're off to Cobh by motorcoach. I'm really sad that Rachel has to leave us. I hope we can make it okay without her, but even more I hope her dad is okay. (Rachel is from the tour company and planned this trip with us. She's amazing.) We set off at nine tomorrow morning, so I guess I better get started so I can go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment