Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 11: Free day in Killarney

Today is almost an entirely free day in Killarney. I woke up around 9 and got in the shower. Me and the girls went down to the hotel restaurant to get breakfast after we were all ready. Afterwards we headed out to themain street.

We did a lot of shopping today! I actually bought some things for myself today which was exciting. I spent a lot of money again though. That's okay, I'm in Ireland and I'm going to spoil myself! We ran into Frankie, Brittany, Zach, and Kristen while shopping. So we grabbed sandwiches to go and had kunch in the park with them. We then spent most of what was left of our free time taking rediculous photos in the park.

At 4:30 we had a lecture with Declan Malone, editor of the Kerryman, a weekly newspaper. He was really interesting to listen to. He talked a lot about the strict libel laws and Ireland as well as the amount of advertising the paper uses. He said its about a 60-40 ration of news to ads, but some weeks may have more because they never turn away advertisements.

In about a half hour I'm meeting everyone in the lobby to go eat dinner somewhere. I'll come back afterwards to finish re-packing and get ready to go. We have to be down in the lobby for breakfast at 7:15 tomorrow morning and on the bus by 8. Tomorrow we journey to the cliffs of Moher.

No comments:

Post a Comment